Sunday, March 15, 2009
1) My top reason? You will see results and in less time! Your muscles will become firm and your clothes will fit differently.
2) Lifting weights helps you to burn and lose fat. Isn't that our number one goal?
3) You will have MORE energy. You will feel so good after your weight training sessions, that you will want to do more!
4) You will feel strong and fit. If you have the chance to work out where there are mirrors, you will start to be impressed by how good your muscles look during workouts.
5) You will have a stronger back. Lifting weights will strengthen your upper and lower back which as we know is the "core" of your body. It will be easier to lift those groceries and toddlers!
6) You won't get bored. Hard to believe, isn't it? With weights you can change up the reps, the order you do your exercises, the weight, etc. The combinations are endless.
7) Your every day chores will get easier. Since you will be building up your strength, it will also help your endurance. All those outside chores will go easier as well as the ones inside too.
8) You will have less joint pain. Did you know that weight training promotes strength and flexibility in your joints? Now you will want to get outside and go for more walks.
9) You don't need a gym. You can do simple weight lifting exercises right at home with a set of dumb bells. You don't need a gym membership and lots of money.
10) Build stronger bones. I know this is especially important for us gals. Weight lifting will help you bones to become stronger and denser.
I hope this has given you the encouragement you need to get out there and pick up some weights. You won't regret it, especially with swim suit season coming!
Have a great and blessed day!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
I think if we can pass along information that will help others, we should. So with that said, please take a look at the course offered below.
CWAHM.com Announces Work At Home 101
Most people are curious about working from home. We know others do it, but aren't sure how they do it.
CWAHM.com's Work at Home 101 is designed to give you an overview of the choices available that will allow you to work from home. This online course will give you the starting place you've been searching for.
Best of all - it's completely free! CLICK HERE!
Some of the things covered during Work at Home 101:
* Where to Start
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Did you know most Americans are not physically active enough to gain any health benefits?
Do you know what the best activities are to help your heart?
How about swimming, cycling, jogging, aerobics, skiing, even walking? And one of the best things is, it doesn't have to be a "structured" exercise time. What if you went out and played tag with the kids? Or in my case, hockey? And with 3 boys in my house, they want to roller blade while playing hockey and they need a fourth person to make it even. Do you know who the fourth usually is? Mom.
All you need to do is be moderately active for at least 30 minutes a day. The length of a sitcom! Since I live in Western New York, I have my treadmill setup in my basement (for when the snow is deep) and I can even watch my "soap" while I exercise. The best of both worlds!
Just make sure to check with your doctor before starting an exercise program especially if you have been inactive for a while. And remember, any activity will help!
Work on improving your health in the National Heart Month!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Choose lean meats and poultry without skin and prepare them without added saturated and trans fat.
Select fat-free, 1% fat, and low-fat dairy products.
Cut back on foods containing partially hydrogenated vegetable oils to reduce trans fat in your diet.
Cut back on foods high in dietary cholesterol. Aim to eat less than 300 mg of cholesterol each day.
Cut back on beverages and foods with added sugars.
Choose and prepare foods with little or no salt. Aim to eat less than 2,300 mg of sodium per day (or less than 1,500 mg if you are in a higher risk group for high blood pressure).
If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation. That means no more than one drink per day if you’re a woman and two drinks per day if you’re a man.
Keep an eye on your portion sizes.
And we all know that exercise is great for your heart! If you are not exercising, you can get out and start walking, it's FREE! You can join a gym or you can buy exercise DVD's.
For the month of February, I am offering 25% off of all DVD's at Team Beachbody. Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know which program you are interested in and we will get it ordered for you! You can choose from Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, P90X and more!
And as they say on Cartoon Network, "get out and play just an hour a day"!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
1) Drink plenty of water.
2) Go outside.
(Yes, even in the cold and snow. I've been sledding with my kids this winter and loving it!)
3) Get moving. Park farther away and take the stairs.
4) Eat healthy foods. You will feel better just by eating better.
5) Watch your portions and take time to enjoy your food.
6) Eat healthy snacks.
7) Brush your teeth. When you teeth and mouth are clean, you are less likely to want to eat.
8) Join a club or a sport and do it with a friend or even your family!
9) Take time for yourself and spend time with your friends.
10) Exercise! I know our days are busy, but just squeeze in 10 minutes a day, or do a few 10 minute intervals.
I hope you will find these helpful and a way to get yourself motivated. Even though it is snowing here today, I know it won't be long before it is short and tank top season. I want to be ready this year!
Here's to your success!
Friday, January 23, 2009
5 of the best reasons to start a walking program are:
1) to help to lower your blood pressure
2) to increase your energy and your stamina
3) to help prevent weight gain
4) to help improve and boost your bone strength
5) to decrease your cholesterol
Now, there are many other benefits too, but these are some of the best reasons to just get out there! Here's to your success!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Here's to our success!