Did you know weight lifting is one of the best ways to get fit? I know we all think about using weights and getting huge muscles, but it doesn't have to be that way at all. There are many benefits to weight lifting, and I am going to share with you my top 10.
1) My top reason? You will see results and in less time! Your muscles will become firm and your clothes will fit differently.
2) Lifting weights helps you to burn and lose fat. Isn't that our number one goal?
3) You will have MORE energy. You will feel so good after your weight training sessions, that you will want to do more!
4) You will feel strong and fit. If you have the chance to work out where there are mirrors, you will start to be impressed by how good your muscles look during workouts.
5) You will have a stronger back. Lifting weights will strengthen your upper and lower back which as we know is the "core" of your body. It will be easier to lift those groceries and toddlers!
6) You won't get bored. Hard to believe, isn't it? With weights you can change up the reps, the order you do your exercises, the weight, etc. The combinations are endless.
7) Your every day chores will get easier. Since you will be building up your strength, it will also help your endurance. All those outside chores will go easier as well as the ones inside too.
8) You will have less joint pain. Did you know that weight training promotes strength and flexibility in your joints? Now you will want to get outside and go for more walks.
9) You don't need a gym. You can do simple weight lifting exercises right at home with a set of dumb bells. You don't need a gym membership and lots of money.
10) Build stronger bones. I know this is especially important for us gals. Weight lifting will help you bones to become stronger and denser.
I hope this has given you the encouragement you need to get out there and pick up some weights. You won't regret it, especially with swim suit season coming!
Have a great and blessed day!
Step-Moms and Mother’s Day!
1 week ago