Thursday, February 12, 2009

Exercise and Fitness are very Important!

Did you know that physical inactivity is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease?

Did you know most Americans are not physically active enough to gain any health benefits?

Do you know what the best activities are to help your heart?

How about swimming, cycling, jogging, aerobics, skiing, even walking? And one of the best things is, it doesn't have to be a "structured" exercise time. What if you went out and played tag with the kids? Or in my case, hockey? And with 3 boys in my house, they want to roller blade while playing hockey and they need a fourth person to make it even. Do you know who the fourth usually is? Mom.

All you need to do is be moderately active for at least 30 minutes a day. The length of a sitcom! Since I live in Western New York, I have my treadmill setup in my basement (for when the snow is deep) and I can even watch my "soap" while I exercise. The best of both worlds!

Just make sure to check with your doctor before starting an exercise program especially if you have been inactive for a while. And remember, any activity will help!

Work on improving your health in the National Heart Month!

1 comment:

  1. What soaps do you watch? Y & R, B & B, As The World Turns and Guiding Light here! I have called Comcast about running a line into my garage where our workout equipment is. It doesnt cost much at all to have it done, but I am too lazy to even call. LOL, but I going to do that soon. I have been losing weight, but really need to exercise more. Hope you have a great Valentines's Day!

    ReplyDelete